Wednesday, June 24, 2009

To My Darling Children,

In my attempt to refamiliarize myself with a lot of the beliefs and practices I grew up with, I've decided to start keeping this blog. I guess the most important thing that I want you two to know is that you were most definitely conceived in love. You both are and forever will be the most important people in your parent's lives. You are the air we breathe, and our ultimate motivation to be the best that we can be. To provide for you, to discipline you, to encourage you, to let you learn those lessons you NEED to learn, to love you for learning them well. To laugh with you, and cry with you, to lose sleep when you decide to do something you know is wrong, and to stand proudly by your side as reach milestone after milestone in your lives.



Kekoa, my handsome boy. Mommy loves you for all that you are. You are the best big brother any sister can ask for. You, I am proud to say, will be mommy's right hand man. I can see the determination in your eyes when you want to do something. I marvel at your strength at such a young age. I hope and pray that mommy and daddy can live up to what heavenly father has in store for you. May you always remember that you are a son of God, sent specifically to make our lives brighter. May you grow strong, work hard, love freely, and have the patience to help your sister along her way....

Paulette-Josephine (PJ), my angel. Most importantly, I want you to know that you are named for the two most influential people in your mother's life. You have big shoes to fill. I have every confidence in you, because at the wee age of 1 and 1/2, you have begun to show such promise. Daddy and I talk constantly about how you amaze us with your intelligence. Your personality is one we are sure will keep us on our toes. I have said on more than one occassion that I expect to be on a first name basis with your teachers and principals! You are such a sacred gift. I can not imagine how I was able to function without you. May you also remember you are a Daughter of God. May you learn Faith, Hope, Charity, Love, and develop THE meanest jump serve and do your daddy proud!!

All my love,
mommy...

No comments:

Post a Comment